Seffa | السفة | Moroccan Recipe
Recipe in Arabic: السفة
Seffa is a delicious Moroccan recipe popular during Ramadan and special occasions. It is made of vermicelli, raisins, almonds and some spices. This dish is also called: Saffa or Sfouf. The recipe is very easy to make and should not take a long time to prepare. Simply follow these steps:
- 1 kg vermicelli
- 100 grams of raisins
- 100 grams of butter
- 200 grams of roasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 250 powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- Add vermicelli into a big pot; rub it with oil so that it does not stick
- Take a steamer pot and fill it with water half way and put it on medium heat
- When the water starts boiling add the vermicelli into a steamer (not the steamer pot).
- Then place the steamer into the pot and let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Put it on a big plate, fluff it a little bit, add salt, powdered sugar, raisins and put it back to steam another 15 min
- If it feels tender, then you don't need to steam the vermicelli anymore. If not, you might need to add it for another 15 minutes
- Fluff the vermicelli some more and add butter to it and mix well
- Server on a plate and decorate with cinnamon, powdered sugar and crushed roaster almonds
- This dish is served with warm milk as a side dish
You can slightly change the above ingredients and preparation for Seffa to match your needs and taste.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you have any qustion please contact us here.
You can add this page to your favourite by clicking the [CTRL + D] or you can also share it with your friends using the social networking button above.