Moroccan Eggplants (Za3louk) | زعلوك | Moroccan Recipe
Recipe in Arabic: زعلوك
Moroccan Eggplants (Za3louk) is a healthy and favorite recipe to many people. It is vegetarian and light. This dish is also called: Zaalouk, or Za3louk. The recipe is very easy to make and should not take a long time to prepare. Simply follow these steps:
- 1 kg of eggplants
- ½ kg of tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 100 grams of pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons of parsley & cilantro (chopped)
- Half pickled lemon
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of hot chili pepper
- It is recommended to scold the eggplants on a stove or over (to give them a smoked flavor and also to easily get rid of the skin)
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds, then dice them
- In a cooking pot, put the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and the spices above.
- Cook on medium fire for 10 minutes (add a small quantity of water when necessary)
- Place the eggplants on a plate and squish it until it becomes a paste then add it to the cooking pot
- Mix everything together very well and add olives and the pickled lemon.
- Cook for 10 minutes and serve after decorating it with parsley.
You can slightly change the above ingredients and preparation for Moroccan Eggplants (Za3louk) to match your needs and taste.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you have any qustion please contact us here.
You can add this page to your favourite by clicking the [CTRL + D] or you can also share it with your friends using the social networking button above.