Lamb Tajine | لحم بالبرقوق | Moroccan Recipe
Recipe in Arabic: لحم بالبرقوق
Lamb tajine or Meat and prunes is one of the most delicious Moroccan recipes. That's why it's widely cooked for guests and in weddings and celebrations. This dish is also called: Meat tajine, or beef tagine. The recipe is very easy to make and should not take a long time to prepare. Simply follow these steps:
- 1 kg of meat (lamb or beef) without fat
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 kg of onions
- 100 grams of roasted almonds
- 3 boiled eggs
- 250 grams of dried prunes
- 50 grams of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of butter ghee (smen)
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Put meat, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, oil, ghee, saffron in a cooking pot and mix for one minute. Then turn the stove on to a medium heat.
- Add onions, and one cup of water to the mixture.
- Leave on medium heat for 45 minutes or until meat is very tender.
- In a separate small cooking pot put prunes, sugar (or honey, syrup), and a cup of water and leave on a medium heat for 10 minute while stirring until the prunes are done.
- To serve, put some meat and broth on a serving dish. Then decorate with prunes, sesame seeds and boiled eggs (see picture).
You can slightly change the above ingredients and preparation for Lamb Tajine to match your needs and taste.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you have any qustion please contact us here.
You can add this page to your favourite by clicking the [CTRL + D] or you can also share it with your friends using the social networking button above.