Cow Feet | كرعين | Moroccan Recipe
Recipe in Arabic: كرعين
This Moroccan recipe is very delicious and rich. It is usually prepared from cow or sheep feet with chickpeas. This dish is also called: Ker3een, kour3een , or rejleen in Morocco. The recipe is very easy to make and should not take a long time to prepare. Simply follow these steps:
- 2 cow feet (or 4 sheep feet)
- 250 grams of soaked chickpeas
- 2 chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper
- The fastest way is to cook the cow feet in a pressure cooker. You can use a regular cooking pot but it may take a longer time
- Wash the cow feet and cut them into medium or small pieces
- Place the cow feet, oil, onions inside the pressure cooker on medium heat
- Add 2 liters of water or enough to cover the feet and leave for 30 min (Make sure the water in your pot does not dry)
- Add the chickpeas and keep for another 30 minute or until done
- Keep checking the pot from time to time. It is very easy for the water to dry so keep adding water when it dries or add plenty of water at the beginning
- At the end, the cow feet should feel very tender, and the sauce slightly thick
You can slightly change the above ingredients and preparation for Cow Feet to match your needs and taste.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you have any qustion please contact us here.
You can add this page to your favourite by clicking the [CTRL + D] or you can also share it with your friends using the social networking button above.