Bakoula (Moroccan Spinach) | بقولة | Moroccan Recipe
Recipe in Arabic: بقولة
Bakoula (Moroccan Spinach) is a delicious and healthy Moroccan recipe. It is made of mallows (green leaves of a certain plant). It tastes like spinach but has a fleshier flavor. This dish is also called: Mallows recipe, or khoubiza. The recipe is very easy to make and should not take a long time to prepare. Simply follow these steps:
- 1 kg of Bakoula
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 pickled lemon
- 100 grams of green or red olives
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili paste
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of parsley & cilantro
- Wash bakoula and leave it over night to drip
- Chop bakoula into small pieces
- Steam the bakoula for 30 minutes or until cooked
- On a different pot or pan, add oil, spices, pickled lemon, parsley, cilantro, garlic and add gradually bakoulla while mixing continuously until everything is mixed very well
- Serve it in a plate after decorating it with olives and some chili paste
You can slightly change the above ingredients and preparation for Bakoula (Moroccan Spinach) to match your needs and taste.
I hope you liked this recipe. If you have any qustion please contact us here.
You can add this page to your favourite by clicking the [CTRL + D] or you can also share it with your friends using the social networking button above.